Tree trail launched in Sidbury
- Credit: Archant
WALKERS are being encouraged to sample the delights of Sidbury through the launch of a new tree trail leaflet masterminded by Sidmouth Arboretum.
It comes off the back of a successful incarnation for the town and has been devised by village resident and tree enthusiast Rob Bolton.
The Sidbury leaflet offers two circular walks around the beautiful valley.
They take in the village centre, including Millennium Pond, and encourage walkers onto the East Devon Way.
Members of Sidmouth Arboretum expressed their gratitude to Sir John Cave as landowner of much of the valley.
You may also want to watch:
Sir John has enabled the creation of the longer circular route, by establishing a permissive path and, with the support of the county council and parish paths partnership, the eroded track has been restored.
New signs indicate the route - which gives excellent views across the valley.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
Generously supported by the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund, the leaflets are distributed free of charge and are available from local outlets.