Tree trail launched in Sidbury
- Credit: Archant
WALKERS are being encouraged to sample the delights of Sidbury through the launch of a new tree trail leaflet masterminded by Sidmouth Arboretum.
It comes off the back of a successful incarnation for the town and has been devised by village resident and tree enthusiast Rob Bolton.
The Sidbury leaflet offers two circular walks around the beautiful valley.
They take in the village centre, including Millennium Pond, and encourage walkers onto the East Devon Way.
Members of Sidmouth Arboretum expressed their gratitude to Sir John Cave as landowner of much of the valley.
You may also want to watch:
Sir John has enabled the creation of the longer circular route, by establishing a permissive path and, with the support of the county council and parish paths partnership, the eroded track has been restored.
New signs indicate the route - which gives excellent views across the valley.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Generously supported by the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund, the leaflets are distributed free of charge and are available from local outlets.