Tribute to Michael Ledbury-Moore
29-08-2008: A SIDMOUTH Bridge Club member renowned for getting things done for the committee, has died aged 65. Michael Ledbury-Moore of Hillside Road died peacefully at home on Wednesday, November 5.
29-08-2008: A SIDMOUTH Bridge Club member renowned for 'getting things done' for the committee, has died aged 65.
Michael Ledbury-Moore of Hillside Road died peacefully at home on Wednesday, November 5.
Mr Ledbury-Moore, a former chief financial dirtector, was an active commitee member and a past president for the club. He was also responsible for writing the bridge reports for the Sidmouth Herald, his last contribution appeared five days before his death.
Mr Ledbury-Moore and his wife Jean moved to Sidmouth from the Midlands nearly 10 years ago. In 1999 he joined the bridge club and was an accomplished player.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Tinkler, Honorary club secretary, said: "A great deal of his work was done behind the scenes - his initial involvement was with our website and club publicity. His major involvement was in pushing for new club furniture and his insistence that there should be more committee involvement in the 'caring' nature of the club."
Mr Tinkler described Mr Ledbury Moore, who was also a former chairman of Sidmouth Conservative Club and a cricket club member, as "highly organised".
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
"If Michael said he would get it done then you could be certain it would be so," he said.
"Just 24 hours before his passing Michael was in written and telephone contact with me concerning the December committee meeting and the AGM in May 2009. Our club was most fortunate to have him as a member and he will be sadly missed.