Tributes to an ‘inspirational’ hotel director
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have poured in for an ‘inspirational’ director in charge of a number of Sidmouth hotels.
Peter Brend Senior, director of the Brend Hotel Group, which owns the Victoria and Belmont Hotels, has died at the age of 61.
The youngest of five children, Mr Brend was born in Barnstaple and spent his whole life in the area. His foray into hotel management began in 1977 at the age of 19.
The director launched the Brend Group's Apprenticeship Academy and was proud of winning the AA Hotel Group of the Year title in 2015.
James Pellow, who has worked at the Royal Duchy Hotel in Falmouth for 34 years, said: "I never expected him to know who I was, let alone seek me out. But he made a point of finding me, introducing himself and saying that if I ever wanted to speak to him, I should just ring."
You may also want to watch:
Shaun Sanders, manager at the Saunton Sands Hotel, said: "He was not just my boss, he was my role model and it was a genuine pleasure working for such an outstanding, inspirational person."
Mr Brend Senior is survived by his brother John, his sisters June and Patsy, his children, Peter, Michael and Hannah, partner Kirsten and his nine grandchildren.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98