Sister of Daniel Chambers thanks public for support
- Credit: Archant
The sister of Daniel Chambers, who went missing on Wednesday, has posted a message of thanks to everyone for their support after police confirmed a body was found yesterday (Saturday).
The community of Tipton St John has been paying tribute after a body was found in the search for missing teenager Daniel Chambers.
Daniel, 15, was reported missing on Wednesday after he left his home address to go to school.
Yesterday (Saturday) police confirmed a body had been found during the search for the missing 15-year-old.
His sister Melissa Chambers, who’s appeal to find her brother on Facebook was shared by thousands, posted a short statement on Facebook last night.
She said in the public post: “Thank you to everyone who has shared this post and everyone who has helped us in this difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m extremely saddened to say that a body has been found that matches Daniel’s description in Tipton St. John by the river.
“Please give me and my family time to absorb and come to terms with this news.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
“Thank you again for all your help.”
Formal identification is yet to be carried out and the death is not thought to be suspicious.
Many people, both friends and strangers, have expressed their sympathy towards the Chambers family.
Alyson Pugh wrote: “Daniel has touched many hearts , there will be a minutes silence at HRFC this morning to show our deepest respect for you all.xxxxxxxxx”
Gina Belcher posted saying Daniel’s classmates were ‘heartbroken’ and wrote: “Your brother was a very well liked boy and will be very deeply missed.”
Beth Legowska wrote: “Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are local to you and have been thinking of you all in this desperately sad time.xxxx”
Glenda Levy said: “Deeply sorry. Dan was a friend to our Bradley. He will miss him terribly. Thinking of you and your family. Xx”