Sister of Daniel Chambers thanks public for support
- Credit: Archant
The sister of Daniel Chambers, who went missing on Wednesday, has posted a message of thanks to everyone for their support after police confirmed a body was found yesterday (Saturday).
The community of Tipton St John has been paying tribute after a body was found in the search for missing teenager Daniel Chambers.
Daniel, 15, was reported missing on Wednesday after he left his home address to go to school.
Yesterday (Saturday) police confirmed a body had been found during the search for the missing 15-year-old.
His sister Melissa Chambers, who’s appeal to find her brother on Facebook was shared by thousands, posted a short statement on Facebook last night.
She said in the public post: “Thank you to everyone who has shared this post and everyone who has helped us in this difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m extremely saddened to say that a body has been found that matches Daniel’s description in Tipton St. John by the river.
“Please give me and my family time to absorb and come to terms with this news.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
“Thank you again for all your help.”
Formal identification is yet to be carried out and the death is not thought to be suspicious.
Many people, both friends and strangers, have expressed their sympathy towards the Chambers family.
Alyson Pugh wrote: “Daniel has touched many hearts , there will be a minutes silence at HRFC this morning to show our deepest respect for you all.xxxxxxxxx”
Gina Belcher posted saying Daniel’s classmates were ‘heartbroken’ and wrote: “Your brother was a very well liked boy and will be very deeply missed.”
Beth Legowska wrote: “Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are local to you and have been thinking of you all in this desperately sad time.xxxx”
Glenda Levy said: “Deeply sorry. Dan was a friend to our Bradley. He will miss him terribly. Thinking of you and your family. Xx”