Trio of causes boosted by Salcombe Regis Fair
- Credit: Archant
A trio of charities have received £1,150 each following a record-breaking year for Salcombe Regis Fair.
Parkinson’s UK East Devon Support Group, Sidmouth Living with Cancer and the Admiral Nurse Campaign were the beneficiaries of this year’s event, which raised £9,500.
The event also donated money to Salcombe Regis Church, 1st Sid Vale Scouts and Sidmouth Guides for their support on the day.
To date, the fair has raised £200,000 for a wide range of local charities.
Mike Newman, chairman of the fair committee, thanked the event’s 100 volunteers and villagers for their help on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The committee also thanked Sidmouth Scaffolding, QES Electrical, Bagwells and the Donkey Sanctuary for their continuing support of the fair.
Salcombe Regis Fair will return on Thursday, May 31, 2018.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight