Trio of crews tackle Sidmouth light blaze

PUBLISHED: 10:25 05 August 2011 | UPDATED: 10:26 05 August 2011

An unattended candle caused the fire

An unattended candle caused the fire

Archant

A FIRE in light fitting saw three blaze fighting crews race to a Sidmouth home.

An appliance from the town and two from Exeter were called to a property in Burscombe Lane at around 8.50am yesterday (Thursday, August 4.)

The small fire, involving a light fitting in the kitchen, was out on the arrival of the fire services.

Crews inspected the light fitting and made it safe before leaving the scene.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald