Trio to face trial over Ottery burglary
- Credit: Archant
Three men will face trial over allegations they stole more than £300 from an Ottery petrol station last weekend.
Ibrahim Jabri, 21, Phillip Northmore, 29 and Dean Morgan,25, appeared in front of magistrates in Exeter this week charged with joint burglary.
Morgan, of Harbour Road, Seaton, and Jabri, of Lymebourne Park, Sidmouth, who is also accused of breaching an antisocial behavioural order, both denied the charges.
Northmore, of Alphingon Street, Exeter, is charged with possession of a knife as well as burglary, but did not enter pleas at the preliminary hearing on Monday.
The trio allegedly broke into the ESSO garage in Hind Street in the early hours of Sunday, February 3, stealing £325.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates said the offences were serious enough to be sent to Exeter Crown Court, and all three men will appear again on March 21 for committal.
Northmore and Jabri were remanded in custody, while Morgan was released on conditional bail.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'