Trio to face trial over Ottery burglary
- Credit: Archant
Three men will face trial over allegations they stole more than £300 from an Ottery petrol station last weekend.
Ibrahim Jabri, 21, Phillip Northmore, 29 and Dean Morgan,25, appeared in front of magistrates in Exeter this week charged with joint burglary.
Morgan, of Harbour Road, Seaton, and Jabri, of Lymebourne Park, Sidmouth, who is also accused of breaching an antisocial behavioural order, both denied the charges.
Northmore, of Alphingon Street, Exeter, is charged with possession of a knife as well as burglary, but did not enter pleas at the preliminary hearing on Monday.
The trio allegedly broke into the ESSO garage in Hind Street in the early hours of Sunday, February 3, stealing £325.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates said the offences were serious enough to be sent to Exeter Crown Court, and all three men will appear again on March 21 for committal.
Northmore and Jabri were remanded in custody, while Morgan was released on conditional bail.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 9 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses