Trip back in time for Red Arrows’ return to Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Red Arrows will be taking a trip down memory lane on Friday (August 21) when they return to display at Sidmouth Esplanade.
The last time the Reds displayed in the town was in 2006, after which the increasing demands on organising the event as part of Sidmouth Regatta led to a halt of what up to then had been an annual display.
Now Sidmouth Town Council has stepped in to get the world famous RAF aerobatic display team back to entertain the crowds.
To help mark the return of the RAF team after nearly 10 years, Sidmouth’s famous 1912 Toast Rack car, together with Sidmouth Town Council chairman Jeff Turner, will be at Exeter Airport to greet the team on Thursday at 12.15pm.
Councillor Turner, himself ex-RAF, said: “I am thrilled that Sidmouth Town Council has been able to assist in getting the Red Arrows back to display in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a sight and spectacle to be enjoyed by residents and holiday makers alike and now it is down to people to be generous and give to our collectors to ensure their return in 2016!
“To have the arrows personnel sat on our own local ‘celebrity bus’ is an excellent reflection of old and new.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
The Red Arrows will be displaying on Esplanade from 6.30pm, with a full commentary from squadron leader Mike Ling.