Trust seeks volunteers
THE National Trust team is looking to develop a volunteer ranger team in Branscombe.
The trust wants to establish a group of around six people to chat to the public about its work and provide information about its properties. They would be primarily based in the visitor centre in the village, handing out leaflets and answering questions, but they could also be more mobile within the valley if they wanted. Part of the role would be attending trust events.
A friendly manner and good communication skills are necessary. Trust t-shirts are provided, for easy identification by the public. Volunteers need to be mobile and have a car to get around.
The trust’s East Devon community ranger Lucy Morton, who joined the team in July, said: “We’re looking for people to be a presence in the valley. We would welcome people of all ages, who are interested in the work of the National Trust and can give some time, perhaps a day a month, or every Saturday.
“And we’re always looking for people to help us with our practical work.”
You may also want to watch:
There are opportunities to help out at the nearby working water mill Manor Mill, or get involved with gardening at Shute Manor, Axminster.
Lucy said: “There’s a small team of volunteers that works in the garden on Fridays, no experience is needed, just a willingness to help out.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer will receive an induction and ongoing training. For more information call Lucy on (01297) 680507 or email email@example.com.