TV Dr set for Sidmouth bereavement seminar
GRIEF counsellor and television regular Dr Bill Webster will speak at a bereavement seminar staged by Sidmouth’s Potbury’s Funeral Service on Wednesday (September 21).
Two sessions, with one for the general public at 10.30am, and another for professionals at 3pm will take place.
The event is recommended for anyone who has experienced bereavement and would like to gain a better understanding of their own grief.
Funeral director Andy Downham said: “An understanding of grief has got to be a great help.
“It may be weeks, months and even years after the funeral that those who have experienced the death of someone close need the help of someone who can say ‘I know how you feel’ and mean it.
“It may not feel right to return to the funeral director at this time, so it’s all the more important that there are people around who can offer sensitive help, and their time, if only to share a pot of tea and a chat.”
Professional bereavement counsellor Dr Webster is widely acknowledged throughout Canada and the UK as a personable and practical speaker.
- 1 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 2 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 4 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 5 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 6 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 7 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club awards ceremony
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
Anyone wishing to attend one of the seminars can contact Potbury’s Funeral Service on (01395) 513355 or e-mail email@example.com. Booking a place is recommended.