TV Dr set for Sidmouth bereavement seminar
GRIEF counsellor and television regular Dr Bill Webster will speak at a bereavement seminar staged by Sidmouth’s Potbury’s Funeral Service on Wednesday (September 21).
Two sessions, with one for the general public at 10.30am, and another for professionals at 3pm will take place.
The event is recommended for anyone who has experienced bereavement and would like to gain a better understanding of their own grief.
Funeral director Andy Downham said: “An understanding of grief has got to be a great help.
“It may be weeks, months and even years after the funeral that those who have experienced the death of someone close need the help of someone who can say ‘I know how you feel’ and mean it.
You may also want to watch:
“It may not feel right to return to the funeral director at this time, so it’s all the more important that there are people around who can offer sensitive help, and their time, if only to share a pot of tea and a chat.”
Professional bereavement counsellor Dr Webster is widely acknowledged throughout Canada and the UK as a personable and practical speaker.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
Anyone wishing to attend one of the seminars can contact Potbury’s Funeral Service on (01395) 513355 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking a place is recommended.