TV Dr set for Sidmouth bereavement seminar
GRIEF counsellor and television regular Dr Bill Webster will speak at a bereavement seminar staged by Sidmouth’s Potbury’s Funeral Service on Wednesday (September 21).
Two sessions, with one for the general public at 10.30am, and another for professionals at 3pm will take place.
The event is recommended for anyone who has experienced bereavement and would like to gain a better understanding of their own grief.
Funeral director Andy Downham said: “An understanding of grief has got to be a great help.
“It may be weeks, months and even years after the funeral that those who have experienced the death of someone close need the help of someone who can say ‘I know how you feel’ and mean it.
“It may not feel right to return to the funeral director at this time, so it’s all the more important that there are people around who can offer sensitive help, and their time, if only to share a pot of tea and a chat.”
Professional bereavement counsellor Dr Webster is widely acknowledged throughout Canada and the UK as a personable and practical speaker.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers
Anyone wishing to attend one of the seminars can contact Potbury’s Funeral Service on (01395) 513355 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking a place is recommended.