TV personality Johnny Ball to speak in Ottery and other news
GARDENING: Ottery St Mary Gardening Club will be holding its Spring Show on Saturday, March 17 in The Institute in Yonder Street at 2.15pm. To exhibit pick up a schedule from Dilly’s Florist in Mill Street, the cost is just 20pence for members and 30pence for non-members to enter. For more information contact Joan Dalton on 01404 815082.
AGM: The Ottregians Over 60s Club is holding its 2012 annual meeting at The Institute in Yonder Street on Thursday, March 29 at 2pm. There will be a raffle, and subscriptions, costing �12, are due at the meeting.
SERVICE: Ottery St Mary Parish Church is holding a special service entitled The Breath of Life on Sunday, March 11 at 6.30pm. Billed as a ‘quiet, healing service of prayer, music, reading and silence’, there is transport available by contacting 01404 850350.
You may also want to watch:
RESIDENTS’ MEETING: West Hill Residents’ Association is holding a public meeting on Friday, March 9 at 7pm. Greg Davies of the Community Council of Devon will speak in West Hill Village Hall on Bringing Localism to Life and the work of the council.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
SCIENCE EVENING: As part of National Science and Engineering Week The King’s School is hosting An Evening with Johnny Ball on Wednesday, March 14, at 7.30pm. The British television personality and father of DJ Zoe Ball will try and enthuse the audience about science, maths and technology. Tickets for the event cost �4, and are available from the school’s finance office. All proceeds will go to The King’s School.