TV presenter invited to turn on Christmas lights and more news
TV presenter Louise Hubbal has been invited to turn on Christmas lights. Read this and more news.
TRAPPED: An elderly woman, trapped in a lift in Sidmouth, had to be rescued last Thursday afternoon. Two lots of firefighters from the town attended a property in All Saints Road at around 12.30pm. Crew members used a lift key to free the woman, who was uninjured.
FALL ORDEAL: Devon Air Ambulance landed near Sidmouth seafront when a woman fell and suffered a serious leg injury. Medics were scrambled to the Port Royal end of the Esplanade to treat the woman, said to be aged around 30. She was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
LIGHTS: BBC Spotlight presenter Louise Hubbal, who reported on Sidmouth and its Indian summer on TV last week, has been invited by Sidmouth Town Council to switch on the Christmas lights in the town this year. The switch on will take place at 5pm on Saturday, November 29. This year the town’s late night shopping evening will take place on Friday, December 2.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
SEWERS: Work to refurbish sewers at risk of collapse in High Street, Sidmouth, next month will take place at night to minimise disruption. The street will be shut at night from Monday, November 14, to Wednesday, November, 16. The scheme is part of a �42million region-wide investment by South West Water. The Herald reported last week how four other roads in the town will be closed for spells while work takes place.