Twinning anniversary celebrations continue
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Twinning Circle held its annual garden party at the weekend.
The event marked the end of the group’s 30th anniversary celebrations - three decades on from the signing of the charter twinning the town with Le Locle in Switzerland.
Twinning between towns was introduced to improve international relations and allow residents the chance to travel to new places.
A series of events were held last September in Sidmouth in memory of the day.
This September, some group 21 members will spend five days in Le Locle as part of its 30th anniversary celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
A similar charter was not signed there until 1985.
Anne Bishop, chairman of the twinning circle, said: “It was a very nice afternoon - we had about 28 members there and enjoyed afternoon tea, sandwiches and cakes.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
If you are interested in joining the Twinning Circle, contact Linda Blay, on 01395 516761.