Display organisers announce new performer to annual event
- Credit: Archant
The event is set to be bigger than ever before with five display teams.
An air display taking place in Sidmouth has added another top attraction to the billing to take it to five teams flying over the town this summer.
Organiser Sidmouth Town Council say this year's show will be bigger than ever before, after confirming the Twirlybatics Team will join the roster of performers on Friday, August 23.
Since the return of the air display in 2015, Sidmouth has attracted tens of thousands of visitors onto the seafront to watch the Red Arrows.
Following news the renowned aerobatics team would not be available this year, the Herald revealed that RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire, Strikemaster Jets Pair and RAF Chinook were booked to perform.
You may also want to watch:
The council confirmed this week that Twirlybatics Team will jet in to wow crowds with their array of aerobatic manoeuvres in its Pitts Special biplane.
Although timings are yet to be confirmed, the display should start at 6pm and contain more than an hour of flying displays.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
Christopher Holland, Sidmouth Town Council, said: "In the absence of the Red Arrows who will be touring the USA, Sidmouth Town Council committed to continuing to support the air extravaganza which is now an annual event for attendees to the town ahead of the Regatta Weekend.
"To enable the event to continue with the participation of teams including the Red Arrows in 2020, the event relies on generous donations and sponsorship and collections on the day from the viewing locations are key to this."
The council has begun recruiting official collectors for the event to help gather donations from visitors at key points.
Collectors are needed from 4pm until 7.30pm on Friday, August 23.
The organising team will then be back in touch with locations and contact details for the day.
Keep an eye on the Herald for future details on the participating teams and the Visit Sidmouth Facebook page for up to the minute details, timings and other announcements on the event.
Those able to offer help can register by emailing Sidmouth Town Council at email@example.com or calling 01395 512424.