Two callouts for Sidmouth fire crews
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at East Devon District Council and a small fire in Newton Poppleford.
Sidmouth fire crews were called out twice to two separate incidents in the space of as many days.
On Sunday night, both Sidmouth fire engines attended a shout at Knowle after an automat fire alarm went off.
The firefighters found no fire after completing a search of the premise. Building keyholders were called and the alarm was reset.
On Monday, crews responded to reports of a small fire at Newton Poppleford playing fields.
You may also want to watch:
The crew found a discarded barbeque smoking next to a bin and extinguished the fire with buckets of water.
It follows a busy weekend for the fire station which attended six callouts at the weekend.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of