Two cars involved in collision near Sidbury
- Credit: Archant
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called out near to the Hare & Hounds pub following an incident involving two cars yesterday (Tuesday, August 14).
Emergency services were called out to a road traffic collision involving two cars near the Hare & Hounds pub yesterday.
Police were called at 3.50pm on Tuesday, August 14, to Putts Corner following reports of an accident.
A force spokeswoman said; “Highways were on the scene and there was oil on the road. The road was closed. Injuries were very minor.”
Fire crews from Sidmouth, Ottery and Honiton were also called to the scene shortly after 4pm alongside a supervisory officer.
You may also want to watch:
When the firefighters arrived on scene they found two casualties still in the vehicles.
The crews assisted paramedics to check the casualties and made the vehicles safe.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
An ambulance spokesman said a female casualty suffered a possible fractured arm and was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital for treatment.Recovery work was completed by 6pm and the road reopened at 6.30pm.