Unattended cooking causes property fire

PUBLISHED: 12:34 30 July 2015 | UPDATED: 12:34 30 July 2015

Archant

Crews from Sidmouth were called to reports of a property fire in the town this morning (Thursday).

Both appliances from the Woolbrook Road station attended the home in Brewery Lane at 10.45am.

A fire service spokesman said: “Fire crews used rapid deployment on arrival as smoke was seen issuing from the downstairs kitchen window.

“Once inside the property, the smoke was found to have been caused by unattended cooking which the crews removed from the kitchen to the outside and vented the property using fans.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald