Unattended cooking causes property fire

sid-fire

- Credit: Archant

Crews from Sidmouth were called to reports of a property fire in the town this morning (Thursday).

Both appliances from the Woolbrook Road station attended the home in Brewery Lane at 10.45am.

A fire service spokesman said: “Fire crews used rapid deployment on arrival as smoke was seen issuing from the downstairs kitchen window.

“Once inside the property, the smoke was found to have been caused by unattended cooking which the crews removed from the kitchen to the outside and vented the property using fans.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter