UPDATE: Crews tackle blaze in Sidbury
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Emergency crews are on scene after witnesses reported seeing black smoke billowing in Sidbury this morning.
A fire service spokesman said a blaze had broken out in a Furzehill shed and spread to the roof of a nearby building at around 10am.
Two fire engines from Sidmouth and another from Seaton attended.
Western Power have been contacted to turn off the overhead electricity cables.
A man has been treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with more information is asked to call the news desk on 01392 888500.
Keep checking sidmouthherald.co.uk for more updates as they come in.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall