UPDATE: Crews tackle blaze in Sidbury
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Emergency crews are on scene after witnesses reported seeing black smoke billowing in Sidbury this morning.
A fire service spokesman said a blaze had broken out in a Furzehill shed and spread to the roof of a nearby building at around 10am.
Two fire engines from Sidmouth and another from Seaton attended.
Western Power have been contacted to turn off the overhead electricity cables.
A man has been treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with more information is asked to call the news desk on 01392 888500.
Keep checking sidmouthherald.co.uk for more updates as they come in.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution