Update: Motorist airlifted from Newton Poppleford collision
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has been air lifted to hospital with non-life threatening injuries following a three vehicle collision in Newton Poppleford.
Emergency services have closed the road between the Halfway Inn and the Exeter side of Newton Poppleford following the accident this morning (Friday).
A police spokesman said: “One person taken to Derriford Hospital in the air ambulance with what appears non-life threatening injuries. Police remain at the scene while recovery and clear up takes place.”
Fire, paramedics and police were called to Newton Poppleford after reports of a collision shortly after 8.30am this morning.
A police spokeswoman said the incident has occurred on Exeter Road.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “There are two walking an done person trapped. An elderly man in the car reported to be conscious and breathing. Fuel leaking from two vehicles and highways have been called.
“The road has been closed at the mini roundabout and the road is completely blocked. The road is closed the Newton Poppleford end, buses have been informed and the road closed near the Halfway Inn.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens