Update: Sidbury Fair accident two injured
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The road between the Hare and Hound and Sidford will be closed for several hours after a serious accident.
Police, ambulance and fire crews arrived at Sidbury Fair after receiving calls that a large water tanker had come loose and crushed an elderly couple.
A police spokesman said the initial indication is that the water tanker came off the back of a tractor just before midday.
An ambulance spokesman has reported that the female casualty suffered an open leg wound and fracture. She was taken by air ambulance to the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital.
An elderly man suffered head injuries and was taken by ambulance to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The A375 Fore Street is currently closed in both directions between Church Street and Putts Corner.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 3 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal