Update: Sidbury Fair accident two injured
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The road between the Hare and Hound and Sidford will be closed for several hours after a serious accident.
Police, ambulance and fire crews arrived at Sidbury Fair after receiving calls that a large water tanker had come loose and crushed an elderly couple.
A police spokesman said the initial indication is that the water tanker came off the back of a tractor just before midday.
An ambulance spokesman has reported that the female casualty suffered an open leg wound and fracture. She was taken by air ambulance to the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital.
An elderly man suffered head injuries and was taken by ambulance to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The A375 Fore Street is currently closed in both directions between Church Street and Putts Corner.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses