Update: Sidbury Fair accident two injured
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The road between the Hare and Hound and Sidford will be closed for several hours after a serious accident.
Police, ambulance and fire crews arrived at Sidbury Fair after receiving calls that a large water tanker had come loose and crushed an elderly couple.
A police spokesman said the initial indication is that the water tanker came off the back of a tractor just before midday.
An ambulance spokesman has reported that the female casualty suffered an open leg wound and fracture. She was taken by air ambulance to the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital.
An elderly man suffered head injuries and was taken by ambulance to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The A375 Fore Street is currently closed in both directions between Church Street and Putts Corner.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat