UPDATE: Sidmouth road now open following collision
SIDMOUTH S High Street has now re-opened following a collision today (Friday).
SIDMOUTH'S High Street has now re-opened following a collision today (Friday).
Police closed the road at about noon after the collision which involved an 88-year-old pedestrian and a black Peugeot.
Paramedics treated the female pedestrian on scene and then transported her to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital as a precautionary measure.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said the woman suffered only minor injuries.
The collision happened outside of Barclays Bank and a police spokesperson said the driver of the Peugeot was unhurt.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty