Use your old £1 coins in Ottery to enter prize draw
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Anyone who spends an old one pound coin in Ottery will have a chance to win a prize draw this weekend.
Visitors and residents are being invited to check their piggy banks and make the most of an amnesty to all old £1 coins on Saturday.
A raft of prizes will be up for grabs that include everything from a hamper filled with local goodies to cream teas, shopping vouchers and various products made available by a number of independent traders involved in the scheme.
Ottery independent retailers, cafes and restaurants are inviting everyone to spend their last few old-style coins.
Ruud Jansen Venneboer, chair of the local business forum, said: “Ottery is celebrating Super Saturdays during the month of October, meaning there are lots of activities and offers on during each Saturday in October.
You may also want to watch:
“So to add the ‘Amnesty’ as a fun way of getting rid of some loose coins seemed an obvious thing to do. There are some really great prizes up for grabs, so we encourage people to check their wallets, the pockets of their coats and trousers, maybe even the back of the sofa. And don’t forget any piggy banks you may have.”
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open