Vacant Sidmouth opticians to become flat
- Credit: Archant
Plans to convert a former optician’s into a two-bedroom flat have been approved.
Proposals to change Robert Frith Optometrist’s in Vicarage Road into accommodation were green-lit this week.
The application sought permission to change the use of the property from commercial to residential and to change the shop front to provide the necessary domestic windows, with an extension at the rear of the property.
A planning officer said the premises remained suitable for commercial use but due to its location outside of the town’s main shopping area would not harm business or employment opportunities.
The officer said: “Furthermore, the prevailing character of the area immediately around the building is residential.
You may also want to watch:
“It would also be suitable for reversion to a commercial use should the demand arise.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight