Vacant Sidmouth opticians to become flat
- Credit: Archant
Plans to convert a former optician’s into a two-bedroom flat have been approved.
Proposals to change Robert Frith Optometrist’s in Vicarage Road into accommodation were green-lit this week.
The application sought permission to change the use of the property from commercial to residential and to change the shop front to provide the necessary domestic windows, with an extension at the rear of the property.
A planning officer said the premises remained suitable for commercial use but due to its location outside of the town’s main shopping area would not harm business or employment opportunities.
The officer said: “Furthermore, the prevailing character of the area immediately around the building is residential.
You may also want to watch:
“It would also be suitable for reversion to a commercial use should the demand arise.”
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon