Valentine's Day carrot for Sidmouth's Red Rose
MANY women will have received a red rose on Valentine s Day, but Red Rose at Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary was given a carrot treat.
MANY women will have received a red rose on Valentine's Day, but Red Rose at Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary was given a carrot treat.
For Red Rose is a 17-year-old rescued donkey, one of six taken in from a Manchester animal sanctuary in 2002.
Katie Jones made sure she had her Valentine's treat and cuddle on Saturday and said: "Red Rose is a real sweetie and was named by our founder, Dr Elisabeth Svendsen."
Press officer Amanda Gordon added: "At times like these we are grateful to the supporters of our charity and send them our heartfelt thanks.
You may also want to watch:
"We rely entirely on donations to carry out our work in 16 countries worldwide. Providing refuge to donkeys like Red Rose, who often have no-where else to go, is an important part of our work.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman