Valued jewellery taken from Newton Poppleford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after jewellery was taken from a property in Newton Poppleford.
A double stranded pearl necklace, silver rose quartz earrings, and a rose quartz pendant on a silver chain were taken between 10am and 10.45pm last Thursday [March 19].
The jewellery is of huge sentimental value to the owners.
A police spokesman said that detectives believe that entry was gained through an insecure door.
Detective constable Matthew Burnell of Honiton CID, said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time or knows the whereabouts of the stolen items, some of which are of huge sentimental value to the owner.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents are reminded to keep their doors locked, even in the seemingly quieter areas.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference CR/018865/15.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall