Valued jewellery taken from Newton Poppleford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after jewellery was taken from a property in Newton Poppleford.
A double stranded pearl necklace, silver rose quartz earrings, and a rose quartz pendant on a silver chain were taken between 10am and 10.45pm last Thursday [March 19].
The jewellery is of huge sentimental value to the owners.
A police spokesman said that detectives believe that entry was gained through an insecure door.
Detective constable Matthew Burnell of Honiton CID, said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time or knows the whereabouts of the stolen items, some of which are of huge sentimental value to the owner.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents are reminded to keep their doors locked, even in the seemingly quieter areas.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference CR/018865/15.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution