Van collides with wall near Newton Poppleford bridge
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to Newton Poppleford after a van travelling from the Exeter direction hit at wall near Burrow Bridge this morning (Tuesday).
Police were called at 6.10am after the incident, which scattered debris over the A3052 near Woodley’s Joinery.
Fire crews and Environment Agency officers also attended due to the possible spillage of fuel and oil into the stream.
A police spokeswoman said Devon County Council was also called due to the proximity to the bridge.
One lane was reopened just before 7am and temporary traffic lights are in place.
You may also want to watch:
Police are awaiting a recovery vehicle for the Mercedes van.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action