Vandals cause ‘considerable damage’ to Ottery bridge
- Credit: Archant
East Devon District Council has cordoned off the bridge in the Land of Canaan after one side of the walkway was snapped off.
A bridge in the Land of Canaan has been closed after vandals caused ‘considerable damage’.
The bridge which leads to the Tumbling Weir has been cordoned off by the district council all week after members of the public reported the damage last Friday.
EDDC is advising residents and visitors to use the park’s northern bridge to access the same footpath as the vandalised walkway.
An EDDC spokeswoman said: “Unfortunately the bridge has not reopened and it has been cordoned off while the council looks at how it can be repaired.
You may also want to watch:
“The damage to the bridge was considerable as the post uprights on one side of the bridge were snapped off. We think this was caused by excessive rocking/shaking.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future