Vandals target town grocer
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth greengrocer has slammed ‘mindless’ vandals who ‘deliberately kicked-in’ his shop window - and wants to see the culprits in court.
Winchester’s Fruit and Vegetable Merchant owner Nigel Winchester said he believed the damage had been inflicted on purpose.
Replacing the 10ft by 7ft window cost the family business in High Street around £600.
Nigel said: “It was a mindless act of vandalism – someone deliberately kicked it in.”
It was the fourth time the glass pane has been broken since the business moved to the site in 1972.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened sometime last Friday evening or into the early hours of Saturday morning.
Witnesses have been urged to contact Detective Constable Lyn Pike, of Honiton CID, on 101, crime reference: KS/13/252.
- 1 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz