Vandals target town grocer
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth greengrocer has slammed ‘mindless’ vandals who ‘deliberately kicked-in’ his shop window - and wants to see the culprits in court.
Winchester’s Fruit and Vegetable Merchant owner Nigel Winchester said he believed the damage had been inflicted on purpose.
Replacing the 10ft by 7ft window cost the family business in High Street around £600.
Nigel said: “It was a mindless act of vandalism – someone deliberately kicked it in.”
It was the fourth time the glass pane has been broken since the business moved to the site in 1972.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened sometime last Friday evening or into the early hours of Saturday morning.
Witnesses have been urged to contact Detective Constable Lyn Pike, of Honiton CID, on 101, crime reference: KS/13/252.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride