Variety night cash aid for baby unit
THE SECOND Hope s Variety Night raised over £400 for the special baby care unit in Exeter last Friday. The event, which took place at Sidbury Village Hall, was organised by Amy Baker, 24 of Stowford Rise, Sidmouth. Amy decided to raise money for the un
THE SECOND 'Hope's Variety Night' raised over £400 for the special baby care unit in Exeter last Friday.
The event, which took place at Sidbury Village Hall, was organised by Amy Baker, 24 of Stowford Rise, Sidmouth.
Amy decided to raise money for the unit after her daughter, Hope, who is now nearly two, was born 11 weeks premature and spent 19 weeks in the care of the nurses.
Amy said: "It was an absolutely brilliant night and everybody that came had a really good time."
You may also want to watch:
The money was counted throughout the night and a cheque for £404 was presented to Nurse Rachel Cook of the baby unit by Amy and Hope.
Included in the programme was Steel Force, of which Amy is a member, Toby Williams, Ned and the Turmites, Sue Gooding and Keith Reed.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
Amy expressed her thanks to everybody who helped make the night a success.
She said: "Thankyou to everyone who helped out on the night and for all of the businesses who donated prizes for the raffle."
In total Amy has now raised over £1000 for the unit and is hoping to make the variety night an annual event.
Amy added: "I would definitely like to build up the event and get more acts involved.
"I would also like to raise money for two charities in the future, the baby unit and another children's charity."
Any acts who would like to come forward for next year's variety night can ring Amy on (01395) 519197.