Car destroyed in fire at Beer
- Credit: Archant
Blaze is believed to have been started accidentally
A car was destroyed in a fire at The Causeway, in Beer, last night (Tuesday, October 16).
Firefighters from Seaton and Colyton were called to the scene at around 8pm when they found one vehicle on the highway well alight.
The crew put out the blaze using two breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, a fog lance and a compressed air foam jet.
Once the crew had fully extinguished the fire the vehicle was made safe and this incident was handed back to the owner.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of fire is believed to be accidental, however the vehicle was 100 per cent per cent damaged by fire and smoke.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98