Vet’s warning after cat poisoned

PUBLISHED: 13:01 18 August 2014

A Sidmouth vet is warning gardeners to take care with pesticides and insecticides after a cat died from a suspected poisoning.

Richard Jones, at Sidmouth Veterinary Practice, treated a cat called Angel after she was brought in salivating and looking disorientated.

He made the presumptive diagnosis that she had ingested a toxin and induced vomiting, but her condition continued to deteriorate and she died the next day.

“On the premise of it being a poison, the message is for people to only put animal-friendly insecticides or pesticides out or to only use them where animals can’t access them,” said Richard.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald