Vets work on Christmas Eve to save Bella
PUBLISHED: 16:47 08 January 2015
A playful kitten needed urgent attention from vets after swallowing a 15cm ribbon.
Six-month-old Bella was admitted to Jurassic Vets at closing time on Christmas Eve with a painful abdomen.
The team was quick to take her to the operating theatre and, after exploring her intestines and stomach, they discovered the ribbon. Bella had eaten it while her owner, Lucy Davies, was wrapping presents nearby.
Lucy said: “It was quite a stressful ordeal. Jurassic Vets are fantastic. They go above and beyond and they gave up their Christmas Eve and came in on Christmas Day to check on her.”
Bella was reunited with the Davies family and her sister, Marley, on Christmas Day.
Without removal or the quick reaction of her owners, the young kitten could have suffered a fatal infection.
The Jurassic Vets’ team included vet Peter Martin, nurse Carolyn Edwards, and Zoe Phillips-Lewis, who abandoned her plans to travel to see her family in Bristol to help with the operation.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.