Vets work on Christmas Eve to save Bella
- Credit: Archant
A playful kitten needed urgent attention from vets after swallowing a 15cm ribbon.
Six-month-old Bella was admitted to Jurassic Vets at closing time on Christmas Eve with a painful abdomen.
The team was quick to take her to the operating theatre and, after exploring her intestines and stomach, they discovered the ribbon. Bella had eaten it while her owner, Lucy Davies, was wrapping presents nearby.
Lucy said: “It was quite a stressful ordeal. Jurassic Vets are fantastic. They go above and beyond and they gave up their Christmas Eve and came in on Christmas Day to check on her.”
Bella was reunited with the Davies family and her sister, Marley, on Christmas Day.
You may also want to watch:
Without removal or the quick reaction of her owners, the young kitten could have suffered a fatal infection.
The Jurassic Vets’ team included vet Peter Martin, nurse Carolyn Edwards, and Zoe Phillips-Lewis, who abandoned her plans to travel to see her family in Bristol to help with the operation.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners