Village announces Diamond Jubilee celebrations
Sidbury will be celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in style with a day of events and entertainment and the lighting of a beacon.
On Saturday, June 2, celebrations begin at 1.45pm, with a procession from the village to the Millennium Green, and a commemorative photograph taken at 2.30pm.
The theme is red and white, and villagers are invited to bring a picnic with them, and Sidbury’s new choir will perform, with a bouncy castle and face painting on offer for children.
Organisers also say everyone is welcome to participate in a game of rounders, and the village marquee will be erected on the green with a Pimms bar.
The evening starts with a hog roast and live music from the Raphaelites, and a firework display is planned for 11pm, with free entry for residents of Sidbury.
You may also want to watch:
The following day there will be church service followed by refreshments at 10.30am, and on Monday, June 4 at 10pm, the village will light a beacon on Evergreen Hill.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth