Village announces Diamond Jubilee celebrations
Sidbury will be celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in style with a day of events and entertainment and the lighting of a beacon.
On Saturday, June 2, celebrations begin at 1.45pm, with a procession from the village to the Millennium Green, and a commemorative photograph taken at 2.30pm.
The theme is red and white, and villagers are invited to bring a picnic with them, and Sidbury’s new choir will perform, with a bouncy castle and face painting on offer for children.
Organisers also say everyone is welcome to participate in a game of rounders, and the village marquee will be erected on the green with a Pimms bar.
The evening starts with a hog roast and live music from the Raphaelites, and a firework display is planned for 11pm, with free entry for residents of Sidbury.
You may also want to watch:
The following day there will be church service followed by refreshments at 10.30am, and on Monday, June 4 at 10pm, the village will light a beacon on Evergreen Hill.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of