Villagers to come together at Newton Poppleford festival
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 visitors are expected to attend the first Popstock Fun Day in Newton Poppleford.
The event, which organisers hope will be an annual fixture, will take place on Saturday, September 9, and will include entertainment for the whole family.
There will be a dog show, as well as live music from Random 45, Trevor Aidee, The Relics and The Magic Badger Band throughout the day, between 1pm and 11pm. As well as this, there will be a disco and a DJ along with numerous community stalls, birds of prey, a raffle, cream tea, a car boot sale and sports and games.
Children will also be able to enjoy countless activities, a bouncy castle, the ponies from Munchkins Miniature Shetland Rescue and face-painting.
Popstock, which is being staged by Newton Poppleford and Harpford Parish Council, will be held at the village’s playing fields and pavilion, in Back Lane, and events between 1pm and 6pm will be free.
You may also want to watch:
A dance will then be held from 7pm to 11pm, where entry is £3 for adults and free for accompanied children aged under 12. The car boot sale is £5 per seller.
There will also be lots of food and drink to enjoy.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Councillor Anita Kemp, one of the event’s organisers, said: “It should be a jolly good day. It is a community event for residents and visitors alike to enjoy.
“We are holding it to put something back into the community, for the young and old alike to enjoy.
“It is the first time something like this has happened, but, if all goes well, we are hoping to make it an annual event.
“There will be lots there for children to enjoy – like the miniature ponies - and we are looking forward to seeing as many people there as possible”
Call 01395 568125 for tickets, which are available at The Cannon Inn or on the door.