Vince Cable to talk about debut novel in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sir Vince Cable is heading to Sidmouth later this month to talk about his debut novel.
Tickets are on sale for the Meet the Author series, which will take place at Kennaway House, on Friday, October 20.
The leader of the Liberal Democrats has made a foray into non-fiction with his first book ‘Open Arms’.
Rebecca Russell, spokeswoman for the event, said: “Open Arms is described as an explosive thriller which circles from Whitehall to the slums of Mumbai. The story features a glamorous housewife, Kate Thompson, who becomes an MP and surprises everyone with her meteoric rise at Westminster. When she is subsequently sent as a trade minister to India, she hopes it will be her moment to shine, but, embroiled in a personal scandal, she is drawn into a dangerous world of corruption and political intrigue.”
Sir Vince’s career began as an economist before turning to politics and being elected as Member of Parliament for Twickenham in 1997.
You may also want to watch:
He has also held roles including Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills under the coalition government from 2010- 2015.
Tickets cost £12 and include a glass of wine and are available from Kennaway House on 01395 515551. Doors open at 7pm for 7.30pm.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon