‘Virtual tour’ of The Donkey Sanctuary hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
A series of live video broadcasts from The Donkey Sanctuary on Easter Sunday received 150,000 responses and reached 1.1 million people.
‘Sanctuary from your Sofa’ consisted of six 15-minute broadcasts on Facebook, with grooms taking viewers on a virtual tour of the sanctuary, currently closed because of the coronavirus lockdown.
The broadcasts featured the adoption donkeys, the giant Poitous and the main herd. Viewers were shown how the grooms provide games and challenges to keep the donkeys alert.
Farm manager Maxine Carter said: “I am so proud of our teams, they really got into the spirt of things and embraced something they had never done before – being interviewed live.
“We had supporters joining us who had never visited the Sidmouth HQ before, so they got to admire the stunning views, while listening to our donkeys munching and the birds singing – it was wonderful!”
You may also want to watch:
Staff are now exploring ways to run more virtual events in the future.
Anyone who missed the broadcasts can watch them on The Donkey Sanctuary’s website
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open