Visit from Cyprus by former Sidmouth councillor
Former councillor returns from Cyprus on visit to Sidmouth
AN old face made a welcome return to Sidmouth Town Council for its July meeting on Monday.
Former councillor Alan Pascoe and his wife Joy joined members of the public to listen to the debate for the council’s monthly meeting.
The couple moved to Cyprus five years ago and decided to take in a visit to the council during a return trip to Sidmouth.
He was impressed with the recent improvements carried out to Woolcombe House, the town council’s offices.
The Pascoes had lived in Sidmouth for six years before deciding to head for the sunshine in Paphos.
Two years ago Councillors Ann and Graham Liverton enjoyed a visit to the couple’s home in Cyprus and reported Alan (pictured) had his town shied in pride of place in his lounge.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 10 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts