Volunteer appeal to support Sidmouth’s annual Christmas lunch
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are being asked to sign up to help at this year’s community Christmas lunch.
The event, which was started to bring together those who would otherwise be alone on December 25, has a new co-ordinator.
With less than four months until the big day, Carla Scott is looking to recruit helpers before and on the day, as well as business support and guests.
Mrs Scott, who volunteered at the lunch for the first time last year, has stepped forward to take on the event from Andie Milne.
She said: "I was quite happy to do it having helped out last year and I felt in a position to be able to do it this year.
You may also want to watch:
"The community really pulls together to support everyone. I was very surprised how many people wanted to give up their Christmas Day to be able to help."
She estimated last year's event had 30 people helping on a range of tasks including preparing food on Christmas Eve, collecting guests and other tasks ahead of the lunch.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
To sign up, volunteers are asked to come along for a meeting upstairs at Costa Coffee on Thursday, September 12 at 5pm.
Any businesses who would like to support the event or residents who would like to book a place at the lunch can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07751382739.