Volunteer drivers needed for SVS
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer drivers are needed to help Sid Valley residents unable to travel to important appointments.
Sidmouth Voluntary Services (SVS) runs a minibus service that helps users attend its lunch club, go shopping or travel to health appointments.
The charity will soon have three new minibuses which have been purchased with a legacy donation, including two eight-seat vehicles and a 14-seater bus.
Volunteers will require a clean driving licence and where possible the specialist D1 licence to drive the larger minibuses.
Emma Pilgrim, volunteer co-ordinator for SVS, said: "For many it's a great way to get out and meet others at the lunch club, to go shopping locally at Waitrose or Lidl.
You may also want to watch:
"The vehicle service really helps people who cannot really get out.
"The medical car drivers take them to places such as the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital, Exmouth and Axminster.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
"It's helping people get to their appointment at the Beacon in Sidmouth."
To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the transport office on 01395 512221.