Volunteer Inn landlords celebrate five years in business
- Credit: Archant
It is cheers all round at the Volunteer Inn as its landlords celebrate five years in business.
Jacqui and Mike Down took over the pub in March 2012 with a view to revitalising it as a traditional town centre pub.
Jacqui said: “So much has changed since we decided to give the Volunteer a new lease of life.
“From a rather rundown location, the pub has turned into a vibrant meeting place.”
The couple thanked their loyal customers and staff for helping to make the venture a success.
You may also want to watch:
They also announced their hopes to extend the kitchen to include a walk-in fridge freezer and install disabled toilets.
Mike added: “There’s so much more we’re planning to do but, of course, it takes time to get the necessary work done when you’re running a business at the same time.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
“You have to carefully plan to make sure the next steps are the right ones.”