Beach clean-up in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
It was a day when many people headed for the beach just to enjoy the surprisingly hot September sunshine, but in Sidmouth, some spent an hour picking up rubbish.
A band of volunteers spent an hour cleaning up the main town beach on Saturday, September 14.
The event was organised in response to an appeal by the recipe box company Mindful Chef, one of whose founders, Giles Humphries, is from Sidmouth.
The company asked their customers around the country to hold beach clean sessions, and more than 100 took place, from Scotland down to Cornwall.
The Sidmouth beach clean was hosted by Mindful Chef ambassador Janey Holliday Coaching, with Mr Humphries and co-founder Myles Hopper in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
It began at 12.30pm and was followed by sports and fitness activities.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National