Volunteers ‘desperately’ needed at Sidmouth fundraising group
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers who have netted £175,000 for a charity in 15 years are ‘desperately’ appealing for volunteers to keep campaigning.
The Sidmouth and District Macmillan Cancer Support Fundraising Group needs two or three enthusiastic helpers and a new group leader.
Several members have pulled out recently and, if the group cannot replace them, the amount it can raise will fall – at a time when the number of people affected by cancer is increasing.
Group secretary Pam Ward said: “Our group chair stepped down last year after fulfilling the period of time she had agreed to do and we have struggled to replace her.
“Most of the money we raise comes from events and street and store collections.
You may also want to watch:
“We would love to do more but it just isn’t possible without more people coming forward to help.”
For more information, visit www.volunteering.macmillan.org.uk.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
To speak about the volunteering opportunities on offer, contact fundraising manager Bridget Hill on 07801 307003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.