Volunteers needed for Beer Heritage Centre
BEER S Heritage Centre is looking for volunteers to help with the activities and events it arranges. Patricia Farrell, of the centre, said: We are always looking for people to give their time-some give a couple of hours a year and some are more heavily i
BEER'S Heritage Centre is looking for volunteers to help with the activities and events it arranges.
Patricia Farrell, of the centre, said: "We are always looking for people to give their time-some give a couple of hours a year and some are more heavily involved with the group.
"Even if people just volunteer for a small amount of time we will have something to fit in with that."
The centre needs people to help with projects such as working with children and an artist to create carved wooden panels for the outside of the centre and collecting audio histories from villagers.
Volunteers are also need for events such as rockpooling, to help the group think of new events and day-to-day running of the centre.
Fund raising is also important for the group as it costs about �2000 a year to keep the centre open. All of its income comes from donations and events.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 3 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 4 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 7 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 8 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 9 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
For further information please contact Patricia Farrell on (01297) 24841, Norah Jaggers on (01297) 20858, (Carol Green) on 01297 20623 or Janette Acty on (01297) 22030.