Volunteers needed for Beer Heritage Centre
BEER S Heritage Centre is looking for volunteers to help with the activities and events it arranges. Patricia Farrell, of the centre, said: We are always looking for people to give their time-some give a couple of hours a year and some are more heavily i
BEER'S Heritage Centre is looking for volunteers to help with the activities and events it arranges.
Patricia Farrell, of the centre, said: "We are always looking for people to give their time-some give a couple of hours a year and some are more heavily involved with the group.
"Even if people just volunteer for a small amount of time we will have something to fit in with that."
The centre needs people to help with projects such as working with children and an artist to create carved wooden panels for the outside of the centre and collecting audio histories from villagers.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are also need for events such as rockpooling, to help the group think of new events and day-to-day running of the centre.
Fund raising is also important for the group as it costs about �2000 a year to keep the centre open. All of its income comes from donations and events.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
For further information please contact Patricia Farrell on (01297) 24841, Norah Jaggers on (01297) 20858, (Carol Green) on 01297 20623 or Janette Acty on (01297) 22030.