Volunteers needed for Beer Heritage Centre
BEER S Heritage Centre is looking for volunteers to help with the activities and events it arranges. Patricia Farrell, of the centre, said: We are always looking for people to give their time-some give a couple of hours a year and some are more heavily i
BEER'S Heritage Centre is looking for volunteers to help with the activities and events it arranges.
Patricia Farrell, of the centre, said: "We are always looking for people to give their time-some give a couple of hours a year and some are more heavily involved with the group.
"Even if people just volunteer for a small amount of time we will have something to fit in with that."
The centre needs people to help with projects such as working with children and an artist to create carved wooden panels for the outside of the centre and collecting audio histories from villagers.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are also need for events such as rockpooling, to help the group think of new events and day-to-day running of the centre.
Fund raising is also important for the group as it costs about �2000 a year to keep the centre open. All of its income comes from donations and events.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
For further information please contact Patricia Farrell on (01297) 24841, Norah Jaggers on (01297) 20858, (Carol Green) on 01297 20623 or Janette Acty on (01297) 22030.