Volunteers needed for Devon bat survey
Devon Wildlife Trust gets funding to discover more about elusive bats
NEW funding has been given to Devon Wildlife Trust for a project to help discover more about bats in the Devon landscape.
The project is being run by DWT and Devon Biodiversity Records Centre with support from the Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’s Sustainable Development Fund.
The �4,425 grant will help towards mapping and survey work and the project will run until February 2012.
As part of the project, DWT is also looking for willing volunteers to help with the survey work.
You may also want to watch:
They will be invaluable in ‘ground truthing’ the project maps, once complete, to make sure the aerial photographs are still accurate.
To volunteer, contact Dawn Lenn on (01392) 279244.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop