Volunteers needed for last minute Sidmouth in Bloom clean up++
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth in Bloom needs you this weekend to clean up the town ahead of a visit from South West in Bloom judges.
Residents are being asked to help scrub, litter pick and weed on Saturday and Sunday to spruce up Market Square, Church Street and the Triangle.
Judges from the regional competition will visit the town on Monday morning.
The Sidcombers will be hosting a beach clean on Saturday afternoon from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
Lynette Talbot, chairman of the group, said: “We have people who are regularly cleaning up the beach and I would like to thank them for that.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something for everyone, if you cannot bend maybe you can wash some street furniture or sweep.”
Member Peter Endersby will be meeting helpers from 9.30am on both days at the post box in the Market Square.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Sidmouth in Bloom will provide equipment but added any helpers are welcome to bring extra buckets, brooms and weeding tools to assist with the clean up operation.