Volunteers needed for new charity shop in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new charity shop in Sidmouth has officially opened its doors to the public and is now looking for volunteers to help run it.
The Mare and Foal Sanctuary opened the store in High Street, and donations and sales will help to raise more funds towards the charity’s work rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming horses in need.
The charity has also opened a store on Fore Street in Budleigh Salterton.
Sarah Hallett, area shop manager for The Mare and Foal Sanctuary, said: “We are so pleased to have opened in these two lovely seaside towns and the feedback we have had so far has been great.
“Now we are now looking for volunteers to help with the day-to-day running of the shops – even if it’s only a few hours a week, we’d love to hear from anyone who may be interested.
You may also want to watch:
“In the meantime, we look forward to meeting lots more people as they come and see our new shops. Thank you to all of our customers and volunteers for their ongoing support – it really helps us to look after horses in need.”
For more information on the new shop, how to volunteer or the Sanctuary’s work, call 01626 355969 or visit www.mareandfoal.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman