Volunteers needed for the biggest air display in Sidmouth’s history
- Credit: Archant
The biggest air show in the town’s history needs an army of volunteers.
Five display teams have arranged an unforgettable show that is expected to attract tens of thousands of people.
The RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire, Strikemaster Jets Pair, Twirlybatics Pitts Special and RAF Chinook will be performing over Sidmouth from 6pm on Friday, August 23.
This year the Red Arrows are touring the US, so Sidmouth Town Council has arranged something different for the annual air display.
Official collectors for the event are needed however, to ensure that this and future displays can take place.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can assist in gathering donations from the public across the seafront and Connaught Gardens with collection buckets has been asked to come forward.
Town clerk Christopher Holland said: "Sidmouth's Air Display is already proving popular with messages of support and enthusiasm from locals and people planning to come to the town to see the aerial spectacular."
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
If you are able to offer your help, register by contacting Sidmouth Town Council by calling 01395 512424 or by emailing email@example.com.
The organising team will then be in touch with locations and contact details for the day.
Aircraft attendance is subject to weather and appropriate licence approvals.