Volunteers needed for Sidmouth Literary Festival
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed later this month to help at this year’s third literary festival in Sidmouth.
If you enjoy reading and are interested in meeting and listening to authors’ talks, then organisers of Sun, Sea & Books would love to hear from you.
This year, the festival is over three days, with a morning roadshow launch at Sidholme Hotel on Friday, June 23, headed by television personality Christopher Biggins.
Help is needed on Saturday and Sunday, June 24/25, at the new venues for events – All Saints Church, Sidmouth Library and Sidmouth Rugby Club on Saturday and Knowle, the library and rugby club on Sunday.
There are a variety of roles people can fill, from taking tickets on the door to making sure audiences and speakers get to the right venues.
You may also want to watch:
“You would not need to be available for the whole of the festival or for every day,” said Jackie Roberts, who is co-ordinating the call for volunteers.
“We divide the days into shifts and take account of what times our volunteers can manage.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
She said those who had helped previously had found it to be an interesting experience.
“There are opportunities to meet authors and others who work in the literary world and also contribute to the success of this local event,” added Jackie.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering, please leave your name and contact details at Winstone’s or Sidmouth Library or email email@example.com
Christopher Biggins will launch the third Sun, Sea & Books literary festival.
For the first time, the festival is spread over three days and at different venues in the town, with Sidholme Hotel, Elysian Fields, hosting the launch roadshow from 10am until 2pm on Friday, June 23.
Christopher will be interviewed by highly respected local broadcaster Judi Spiers.